New Kitsilano Townhouse Development: 2028 York Ave.
|List Price||Range from $929,999 to $1,499,999|
|Intersection||York Ave and Maple St.|
|Type||6 Townhouse Units|
|Built In||2014 by Homeward Bound|
|Living Area||Range from 1009 to 1634 sq.ft.|
|Bedrooms||2 and 2.5 Bedroom Units|
|Maintenance Fee||From $300 to $400/month|
York at 2028 York Ave is a new 6 unit townhouse complex by homeward Bound Developments – a company that has previously focused on the East Side – Commercial Drive area). This development was announced in 2011, and after getting finally approval, solidifying the design, it’s finally just about finished at the end of 2014. Only 3 units are still for sale – Unit 101, 202 and 301 (see below for the floor plans). The units range from just over 1000 sqft to 1600 sqft, from just under $1-million to $1.5-million, not including the extra 5% GST Tax. In my professional opinion, the units are over priced, especially once the GST tax is added to the total. The developers are asking for premium thanks to the location, and the fact that this type of unit isn’t seen too often in Kitsilano and North of 4th. The finishings could be of a slightly higher quality compared to other luxury buildings in Vancouver.
The building has 6 units across 3 storeys, with each unit having at least 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, with great outdoor space in the patios and balcony’s – the penthouse units have rooftop balcony’s with some pretty incredible views of the city and mountains. The units have private townhouse access, along with elevator access from the main entrance door and underground parkade. The floor plans aren’t fantastic. They have a lot of hallway space which doesn’t maximize the total square footage.
Some of the unit features include:
• Spa Steam Showers with Rainforest shower heads
• In-floor radiant heating
• Quartz countertops
• Imported ceramic tile
• Premium stainless steel appliances (Fisher & Paykel and Bosch)
• Unique Kitchen Islands with dishwasher
• Spacious kitchen pantries
• Quartz countertops with polished edging
• Imported ceramic tile backsplash
• Private elevator access to individual suites from parkade and main floor
• Private townhome entrances
• Secured underground parking
• Private patio decks just off of the main living space for entertaining
• Patios include gas line, water connection and power
• Penthouse townhomes feature private roof deck patios with gas line and water connection, perfect for designing an outdoor kitchen
• Extra in suite storage with large storage lockers in the garage
• Custom closets and storage
• Custom cabinetry
• Premium quality wool carpet and wool underlay in bedrooms
• Solid engineered wood flooring
• Wood doors, casings and baseboards
Contact the LiveKitsilano Team if you have any questions – buying directly from the developer is a slightly different process than normal and we will ensure that you are protected and buying the unit on your terms.